Considering that this uses a prepared spice mixture as well as a bottled sauce, it’s not actually much of a “recipe” in the traditional sense, however I really like the way it tastes and wanted to document it in case anybody else wants to try it.
|1||Lb.||Sashimi Grade Tuna|
|1/4||Cup||Emeril Lagasse’s Rustic Rub – Recipe available here|
|Dinoaur Barbecue’s Garlic Chipotle Pepper Sauce|
- Dry tuna with paper towel, then liberally coat all sides with Rustic Rub, and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron pan over high heat until really hot.
- Place tuna in pan and cook for a minute or so, until the bottom is lightly browned, but not burned.
- Flip over and cook the other side.
- Slice 1/4 – 1/3 inch thick, arrange on plate and drizzle Garlic-Chipotle sauce over the top.
Serves 2 hungry people or 3 not-so-hungry people
Each slice can also be served over a small block of sushi rice, as sushi.