|2||Cups (rice cooker cups, not measuring cups)||Long Grain or Basmati Rice|
|2||Teaspoons||Finely ground Anatto seeds (Achiote)|
|4||Cups (approx)||Chicken Stock|
- Finely dice the onion and garlic.
- Add the Annato and Cumin to a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle and grind to a fine powder.
- Place the oil in a pan and heat until shimmering.
- Add the onions and saute on medium until partially soft and translucent, but not brown.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking until soft.
- Add the Annato and Cumin and saute for a few more seconds until fragrant.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Place the entire mixture in the rice cooker, and add the chicken stock up to the line indicated in the rice cooker, and salt.