|1||C||Stone-Ground, Non-Degerminated Corn Meal (Yellow or White)|
- Set an oven rack in the middle of oven and preheat to 450° F.
- Heat a cast iron pan on medium high.
- Beat the eggs with 1 C of milk and the salt.
- Put the remaining milk in a 4 quart pot along with the cornmeal, and cook on medium, stirring constantly with a whisk, until it thickens.
- Add a few tablespoons of the mixture to the eggs and whisk.
- Add eggs to the pot and whisk.
- Add the baking powder and whisk.
- Add 1T butter to the hot and coat the entire bottom and sides.
- Immediately pour the cornmeal mixture pan, and the put pan in oven.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown
- Serve with butter
- While not traditional toppings, Maple Syrup and Cinnamon also work very well.