This is absolutely YUM and is now zero (0) points on Weight Watchers and is also not “diet food”. I’d eat this in a restaurant and have no second thoughts that I passed up the burger or wings. It’s that good.
It’s just a little spicy. If you like very little heat, you can use less of the chili in adobo sauce.
There aren’t a lot of ingredients here and it’s not complicated to make, so you might expect it to be boring. It’s not. The Chili in Adobo gives it a beautiful, complex smoky flavor and the corn added at the end gives it a very nice texture contrast against the smooth beans and broth.
|1||Chili||In adobo sauce (one pepper, not 1 can), finely minced and 1 t of sauce from the can. Divide the remainder into an ice cube tray and freeze.|
|2||Pounds||Boneless, skinless chicken breast|
|2.5||T||Better Than Bullion Roasted Chicken Base|
|8||Ounces||Dry great northern, navy or cannellini beans|
- Saute onions in olive oil on medium heat until soft, but not brown.
- Add all the other ingredients except the chicken, add water to cover by at least 2 inches and mix.
- Simmer until the beans are soft. This should be around 2 hours. Add more water as necessary.
- Add the chicken
- Add water to bring the level up to an inch or two above the chicken.
- Bring to a simmer and cook another 10-15 minutes until a thermometer in the chicken says 160F.
- Remove all the bay leaves. Count them! Make sure you remove the same number you put in.
They’re sharp even when cooked, and you don’t want to feed any to your guests.
0 Weight Watchers Points Plus Per Serving