This is a very satisfying, easy to make recipe that freezes beautifully and is great for making ahead, then reheating and serving with some fresh bread and a nice red wine, after a long day at work.
This is based on the Baked Stuffed Shells recipe from the P&R Jumbo Stuffed Shells box (or Ronzoni), except that I doubled the batch, added quite a bit more parsley, mozzarella and sauce.
|2||12 Oz Packages||Jumbo Shells|
|8||Cups||Whole Milk or Part Skim Ricotta|
|12||Cups||Low Moisture, Part Skim Mozzerella|
|1||Cup||Finely Chopped Parsley|
|1/2||Tsp||Fresh Ground Pepper|
|1/4||Tsp||Freshly Grated Nutmeg|
|4||26 Ounce Jars||Spaghetti Sauce|
- Heat Oven to 375°F
- Place all the ingredients except the shells in a large bowl and mix, reserving 8 cups of the mozzarella for later.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, add enough salt to make it taste like the ocean, then add the shells. Cook until almost soft enough to eat, then rinse in cold water to stop cooking and drain.
- Coat the bottom of three baking dishes with sauce, then stuff each shell with the cheese mixture and place in the bottom of the dish.
- Cover with additional sauce, then cover with the remaining mozzarella
- Place in the oven and bake until lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Makes 18-20 servings