This is a recipe that Stephanie found and likes!
Squash isn’t my favorite vegetable, but even I think this is pretty good!
|1||Tablespoon||Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1/2||Teaspoon||Freshly Grated Black Pepper|
|2||Cloves||Garlic, finely minced|
|2||Teaspoons||Fresh Sage, finely minced|
|Zest from 1/2 a lemon|
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- Cut both ends off the squash and discard.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out and discard all the seeds.
- Peel both halves, removing anything that isn’t as bright orange as the inside.
- Cut the neck of the squash off the round end.
- Cut both necks into 1/2″ slices
- Cut the round ends in half, then cut each piece into 1/2″ slices
- Toss in a bowl with olive oil to coat
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the bowl and toss again to evenly coat the pieces
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, put all the squash pieces on the tray in a single layer and put in oven.
- Roast 15 minutes until lightly brown.
- Flip all the pieces and sprinkle with the minced garlic and roast 8-10 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with the grated Parmesan and roast until cheese is soft or very lightly browned – about 2 minutes
- Arrange on a serving platter, sprinkle with the Sage and grate the zest of 1/2 a Lemon over it with a microplane.