Tastes like you’re vacationing in Mexico!
This soup/stew has amazing flavors that are familiar and exciting and comforting all at the same time, and it has become one of our favorites.
And for anybody who discovered that “eating anything you want” over a year long quarantine might have made you “expand” a little, it’s only 4 points on Weight Watchers for a really big serving. 😎
|1||Lb||Ground Turkey or Chicken 93% Fat Free|
|1||Jalapeño chile, seeded and minced|
|2||Garlic Cloves, minced|
|1||28 Ounce Can or Two 15 Ounce Cans||Hominy – rinsed and drained.|
|1||28 Ounce Can||Diced Tomatoes|
|1||Tablespoon||Chile in Adobo – found in a can in the Mexican Food section of the grocery store|
|1/4||Cup||Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, Shredded|
|4||Radishes, cut into matchsticks|
|3||Scallions thinly sliced on the diagonal|
|Red Pepper Flakes|
|1||Lime, cut into wedges|
- Pound one chili pepper and an equal amount of adobo sauce from the Chile in Adobo can in a mortar and pestle until uniform and the pepper isn’t visible anymore.
- Heat the oil in a medium size pot until shimmering
- Add the Ground Turkey, Onion and Jalapeño and saute on medium until turkey is cooked and onion is soft but not browned. Add Garlic and cook until garlic is softened, but not browned.
- Add the Chicken Stock, Hominy, Tomatoes, mashed Chile in Adobo and oregano, bring to a simmer, reduce heat and simmer uncovered until slightly thickened.
- Serve in bowls with the garnishes. Be sure to squeeze a lime wedge into each serving; it really wakes up the flavors and brings the dish to an entirely new level.
- Optional, add some Avocado slices.
Makes 4 generous servings.
4 Blue Weight Watchers Smart Points per serving, without the avocado.