Tastes like you’re vacationing in Mexico!
This soup/stew has amazing flavors that are familiar and exciting and comforting all at the same time, and it has become one of our favorites.
And for anybody who discovered that “eating anything you want” over a year long quarantine might have made you “expand” a little, it’s only 4 points on Weight Watchers for a really big serving. 😎
|1||19 ounce package||Ground Turkey or Chicken 93% Fat Free|
|1||Jalapeño chile, seeded and minced|
|4||Garlic Cloves, minced|
|(3) 15.5 ounce cans,
(1) 29 ounce can and (1) 15 ounce can
|Hominy – rinsed and drained.|
|1||28 Ounce Can||Diced Tomatoes|
|1||Can||Chile in Adobo – found in a can in the Mexican Food section of the grocery store|
|1/4||Cup||Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, Shredded|
|4||Radishes, cut into matchsticks|
|3||Scallions thinly sliced on the diagonal|
|Red Pepper Flakes|
|1||Lime, cut into wedges|
- Take the can of Chiles in Adobo and puree in a blender, spice grinder or mortar and pestle.
- Heat the oil in a medium size pot until shimmering
- Add the Ground Turkey, Onion and Jalapeño and saute on medium until turkey is cooked and onion is soft but not browned. Add Garlic and cook until garlic is softened, but not browned.
- Add the Chicken Stock, Hominy, Tomatoes, 1 Tablespoon of mashed Chile in Adobo (to taste) and oregano, bring to a simmer, reduce heat and simmer uncovered until slightly thickened.
- Serve in bowls with the garnishes. Be sure to squeeze a lime wedge into each serving; it really wakes up the flavors and brings the dish to an entirely new level.
- Optional, add some Avocado slices.
- Serve with Chile in Adobo on the side for people who like it spicier.
Makes (9) 256 gram servings (about 9 ounces each)
Each serving is 4 Blue Weight Watchers Smart Points, without the avocado or cheese.