These are amazing. I think these actually taste better than beef.
This makes 4 nice thick burgers with a beautiful crust.
|1||19 Ounce Package||Aldi’s Ground Turkey 93% lean.|
|1/2 large or 1 small||Yellow onion, finely minced (not sweet, not Vidalia, a regular yellow cooking onion)|
|Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste|
- Put the English Muffin in the food processor, process until large crumbs and transfer to mixing bowl.
- Put the onion in the food processor, process until medium chunks (if you like chunks of onion in the burger) or small bits if you just like the flavor, and transfer to mixing bowl.
- Using gloves, add all the other ingredients except the turkey to the mixing bowl and mix by hand until combined.
- Add the turkey to the mixing bowl and mix by hand until combined.
- Weigh out 5 “meatballs” the same weight, then shape the meatballs into 5 patties with the middle slightly thinner than the sides. They puff up in the middle while cooking, so this makes them cook up evenly.
- Oil the outside of the patties with a little olive oil.
- Heat a pan on medium to about 400°F, then add the burgers. Make sure they’re all about the same thickness.
- Don’t touch them until they release themselves!
- Flip over and cook the middle reads 160°F. Serve on hamburger buns.
- Optional: Top with a slice of cheese.
Makes 4 burgers, 4 WeightWatcher’s FreeStyle points each.
If made with 99% lean turkey, they’re zero (0) WeightWatcher’s FreeStyle points each!
For some reason the ground turkey from Aldi’s comes out a lot better than the Ground Turkey from other places. I’m not sure why. If you try different brands, let me know how it comes out!