These are crisp and brown with a beautiful scent of roasted garlic, with a woody smell from the rosemary.
|Red (or other low starch) potatoes
- Take two sheet pans and line with parchment paper.
- Move oven racks to the middle and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Peel garlic, place in a mortar and pestle, sprinkle with salt and mash until completely liquefied.
- Cut potatoes into fork-sized chunks and place the chunks in a bowl of cold water to prevent browning (oxidation).
- Drain potatoes, dry on a towel, place in a large bowl with the garlic mixture and toss until evenly coated. Liberally sprinkle salt and pepper (more salt than pepper).
- Spread out in a single layer on the parchment paper in the sheet-pans and bake for about an hour until crispy and brown
- Serve immediately.