Want an awesome breakfast, but are a little short on time?
Don’t want to make a whole pan because you’ll eat them all?
Fresh, Home-Made Toaster Oven Popovers For Two is for you!
These popovers are so incredibly light, crispy and awesome, with a hollow interior, just right for a perfectly poached egg, that you’ll want to blow off the rest of the day just to linger over breakfast, fresh coffee and a newspaper.
They go beautifully with a bacon, mushroom, onion and cheese omelet.
Enjoy! Each one is a unique work of art.
|1/3||C||Milk at room temperature (2% or whole)|
|1/3||C||, plus 1 teaspoon of all-purpose flour, sifted (measure after sifting).|
|1||Large||Egg (room temperature)|
|1||Tsp||Unsalted Butter, melted|
- Set the toaster oven on 400F° convection bake and move the rack to the lowest position
- Liberally butter the inside of two metal 1 cup measuring cups or ceramic ramekins, especially the bottom.
- Make sure the egg and milk are at room temperature. (see note). Place the egg and milk and melted butter in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Add the flour and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Place half the batter into each cup and place in oven.
- Bake until crusty and brown, about 15 minutes or until browned.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F and bake another 10 minutes to firm up the insides. Don’t let them burn!
- Serve hot, with butter and honey.
This makes exactly two popovers, which is great for one hungry person, or two people who like to share. 😎
3.3 Weight Watcher’s Points Plus Points each
All the milk and eggs must be at room temperature. The physics involved with making the popovers puff up require that steam be created inside, before the outside hardens. If your ingredients are cold, this won’t happen and the popover won’t puff up.