|2.5||Lbs||Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese|
|3||Cups||Broccoli florets, quickly blanched in boiling water, then shocked in ice water, then dried.|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 – 2||Teaspoons||Kosher Salt|
- Heavy Baking Steel
- Mortar and Pestle
- Place the oven rack as close to the bottom as possible. Place the baking steel on the rack and preheat to 550°F for at least an hour.
- Take the cloves from 1/2 head of garlic and peel them. Remove the hard ends, any green interior parts and any discolored parts.
- Grind in a mortar and pestle along with a 1/2 teaspoon of salt until completely liquefied (you may need to add a little more salt to do this).
- Add approximately 1/2 cup of olive oil, mix and taste
- If it’s too salty, add more oil, if it’s not salty enough, adjust to taste
- Pour into a small covered jar and refrigerate until needed
- Generously sprinkle corn meal on a Pizza Peel, stretch dough and place on peel
- Lay down a layer of Mozzarella
- Distribute small Broccoli florets across the surface
- Sprinkle drops of the garlic-oil all over the top
- Lightly grate fresh Parmigian cheese over the top
- Bake until the crust is light brown and the cheese has just started to brown. This shouldn’t be cooked as much as a pizza with tomato sauce because the garlic is delicate and will easily burn and become bitter.
- Store the extra garlic oil in the refrigerator in a glass jar with a lid