Cavatelli with Broccoli and Mushrooms and Garlic-Butter Sauce
Aunt Josie’s is closed but the happy memories live on!
Ingredients and directions below were from the owner Mike Caruso. Notes at the end are mine – Terry
|1||Stick||Salted Butter cut into cubes|
|2||Cups||White Mushrooms, cooked|
|1||Large Clove||Garlic, minced|
- On low heat, melt butter in large saute pan.
- Add garlic and heat for 2 minutes
- Add broccoli and mushrooms and heat for an additional 2 minutes while combining the ingredients together.
- Add precooked pasta and fold into the ingredients already in the pan.
- Heat and combine thoroughly the pasta, vegetables, garlic and butter, garnish with fresh parsley and serve in a large pasta bowl.
Makes 2 servings.
First, this is incredible. I looked for it for literally decades and am happy to thank Mike Caruso for sharing!
The recipe calls for 1 pound of Cavatelli, cooked. I’m not really sure what this means. It could have been 1 pound of fresh pasta since some of their pasta was home made, or it could have been 1 pound dry, then cooked, or it could have been 1 pound of cooked pasta. I’m not really sure.
Based on my admittedly foggy memory of the 1980’s I think it was a pound of fresh pasta, cooked. An entire 1 pound box of dry seems like too much and 1 pound cooked seems like too little.
If anybody knows, please speak up!