This was originally from Weight Watchers, but the directions were bad.
Very nice light-tasting soup with sausage, beans and squash.
|1||Lb||Dry Cannelini (white) Beans, re-hydrated according to package directions|
|1 1/4||Lb||Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage Links, cut into 1/2″ chunks|
|1||2 Large Yellow Onions, chopped into 1/2″ pieces|
|6||Large Cloves||Garlic, finely chopped|
|2.5||Pounds||Butternut squash, cubed about 1/2″|
|1||Tablespoon||Fresh Sage, minced|
|1/4||Teaspoon||Freshly grated Nutmeg|
|1||Tablespoon||Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice|
|Parmigiano Reggiano, grated (optional)|
- Rinse beans and discard anything that isn’t a bean. Soak according to package directions.
When beans are ready . . .
- Add a little olive oil to a sauce pot and heat on medium until
- Add sausage and cook until lightly browned.
- Add onion, and saute until soft. The sausage will get a little darker.
- Add chopped garlic and saute until softened (not browned)
- Add everything else except the parmigian cheese, bring almost to a boil and simmer until the beans and squash are soft.
- Serve with the grated parmigian over the top.
2 Weightwatchers SmartPoints per serving.