This is absolutely spectacular. If I had it at Alto Cinco, I’d be begging for the recipe.
|1||Onion, chopped medium (1/2″ x 1/2″, not critical)|
|1||Red Bell Pepper, chopped medium|
|19||Ounces||Ground Turkey, 93% fat-free|
|1||15 1/2 Ounce Can||Italian Chopped Tomatoes, not drained. (typically contains various herbs and spices. I like the “P&C” brand but other work well also)|
|1||15 1/2 Ounce Can||Black Beans, drained and rinsed|
|or dry – see below|
|4.5||Ounces||Dry Black Beans, soaked according to package directions, drained and rinsed.|
|1||Pound||White or Cremini mushrooms, sliced about 1/4″ thick|
|4||Tablespoons (or to taste)||Alton Browns Taco Potion|
- Add oil to large pot and heat on medium until hot, but not shimmering
- Add bell pepper and cook until slightly softened, but not brown.
- Add onion and cook until slightly softened, but not brown.
- Add garlic and cook until slightly softened, but not brown.
- Add turkey and cook until no longer pink, breaking up into chunks.
- Add everything else.
- Add water halfway up the ingredients, bring to a simmer and cook until reduced and no longer watery, and the liquid has formed a slightly thicked sauce.
- Taste. Add more taco potion if desired.
- Serve on freshly made corn tortillas, garnished with shredded cheese, salsa & a little sour cream .
76 Grams for 1 WW blue point ( 228 grams of this total mixture is 3 points, about 1 cup)
Makes about 12 6 ounce servings.