It’s a little quirky, and I can’t quite figure out what it’s trying to be, but I like it!
- The food is excellent. It’s seasoned beautifully and isn’t too spicy or too mild.
- The burritos and enchiladas are my favorite, and the rice and beans are really nice.
- Portions are appropriate. A whole dinner is “Just right” Not too much not too little. This sounds like a strange thing to say, but I’ve been to restaurants where I wanted to stop at McDonalds for a burger afterwards, and others where it was just “too much food”. This place is perfect.
- You need to pick up your own menus, get your own silverware, your own drinks and your own napkins, however someone does come by to take your order.
- It’s small and there aren’t any sort of partitions, so when it’s cold outside, and the door opens, it’s cold and drafty inside.
- The guacamole is pretty salty, although it’s tasty. I’m not sure if that was just an accident with our batch, or that’s how they normally make it.
I’d definitely go back again the next time I want Mexican, but I hope they iron out a few of the kinks.
I don’t mind “order and pickup your own food and drinks” and I don’t mind being waited on, but the way it is now, it’s hard to lean the dance if you’ve never been there before. I wish they would pick one or the other. Also, a little entry way with a storm door would be awesome.